Dogs love food. Most of them are even attracted to the foods they see us eating. How can you resist those big brown eyes and cute doggie grin? As much as you would want to share what you have to your furry friend, you have to understand that some foods can be downright dangerous for dogs.

Because we care about you and your dog, we have put together a list of foods that you should never give your dog.

Onions

Onions can add flavor to our food, and our dogs will like it as well. However, high level of onion ingestion may result to life-threatening anemia. In severe cases, blood transfusions may be needed.

Chocolate

Chocolate contains theobromine, a stimulant similar to caffeine, which is poisonous to dogs. Dark chocolates are more toxic as compared to milk chocolates since they contain a higher concentration of theobromine.

This may affect the dog’s kidneys, central nervous system and heart. Signs of thoebromine poisoning are usually evident between 4 to 24 hours after ingestion.

There is no antidote to theobromine poisoning. Most veterinarians will make the dog vomit in order to get rid of this substance.

Alcohol

Wine, liquor, beer or foods containing alcohol are not good for your dog. Mind you, alcohol is more toxic to dogs than humans. Just a little can cause diarrhea, vomiting, difficulty breathing, central nervous system depression, coma and even death.

Grapes and raisins

Grapes and raisins have been associated with the development of kidney problems in dogs. While some dogs eat grapes and raisins without harm, some develop severe health conditions after ingesting a few pieces.

Dogs that experience raisin or grape toxicity often develop diarrhea, lethargy and vomiting within 12 hours of ingestion. Some becomes increasingly dehydrated, lethargic and stops urinating within a few days.