Holiday parties usually involve a lot of tasty treats. Unfortunately, most of these treats are not good for your furry best friend. Just because you can’t feed them chocolates or cookies, doesn’t mean they can’t have their own treats this holiday season.
While there are a lot of dog treats in the market, preparing home-made treats is a great way to feed your dogs. Here are 2 tasty treats you can make for your pet this holiday season.
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 cup plain yogurt (non-fat)
- Pre-heat oven to 375° F.
- Line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Combine all of the ingredients above until it forms into soft dough. If the dough is dry, feel free to add a small amount of water.
- Roll out the dough on a floured surface.
- Use holiday cookie cutters to cut out the dough.
- Spread them across the cookie sheet and bake for 15-20 minutes.
- Allow them to cool on a wire rack and serve.
Sweet potato dog treat
- 2 ½ cups whole wheat flour
- 1 sweet potato
- ¼ cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 eggs
- Pre-heat oven to 350° F.
- Prick the sweet potato several times using a fork and heat it in the microwave for about 6 minutes.
- Cut it in half and scoop out the flesh.
- Mash the sweet potato.
- Get 1 cup mashed potato and place it in a large bowl.
- Add in flour, eggs and apple sauce until it forms a dough.
- Roll out the dough on a generously floured surface.
- Cut out treats using festive cookie cutters.
- Arrange the treats on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake for 30 to 45 minutes, until crisp.
- Store them in an airtight container. You can also place them in a monogrammed stocking for gifting.